Friday, January 15, 2010

Introductory Notes

Hi everyone! Welcome to my margins. Here, I think, rethink, notate, conclude, wax poetic, sound silly--really whatever helps me sift through the complex ideas of the moment.

This really won't be solely confined to literature, though it will be a large part. I figure since my life is a constant mixture of balancing academia and baby, why not this blog, too?

For instance, this moment, my complex idea is bedtime. Specifically: how does one get a one-year-old, a four-year-old, and a seven-year-old to bed by eight when there's Oreos to be eaten, jammies to be donned, teeth to be brushed, stories to be read, lullabies to be sung, diapers to be changed (ok, not really in that order), and after-kids-are-in-bed victory dances to be danced. Really, how to do all that in one hour? It truly is complex.

And then after that, I can focus on Love in Excess and Margaret Beaufort.

The juxtaposition really is quite comical.

So hopefully you'll be as amused as I am, and enjoy reading my little marginal notes on literature and life.

Again, welcome.

1 comment:

Claudia said...

Your juxtaposition of real life and "realistic" literature made me think...
It's interesting how the babies in Love in Excess only show up as comic relief (born 8 months after the marriage, oddly enough) and at the very end, when Haywood assures that the happy couples had offspring.

Love the blog title.

Post a Comment